Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Stop. Pause.
Close your eyes and take it all in.
Breath with your heart.

In many ways I don't remember who I was just three months ago.
Maybe I was different from who I am now, maybe not.
All I know is that this is the best thing I have ever done in my entire
life. Sure there is a sense of accomplishment that despite many warnings
not to travel through India as a solo woman I did and I flourished in it.
But there has been one reminder after the next to remain humble and keenly
aware of everything going on, inside and out. There is no way to describe
the edges that have been pushed other than I would do it all over in a heartbeat.
I left Indian soil only 2 days ago, and putting myself on that plane was just as
painful as wonderful. In all honesty, if I could have stayed longer I would have
gone right back up into the Himalayas and parked myself there for 3 more months.

When a was wee little infant my crazy parents took me to India to live in an ashram.
From now witnessing India first hand as a cognitive adult it is now confirmed that they were absolutely insane. However, thanks to you (my wonderful parents) I have been given the gift of a
gypsy heart and a spirit that thrives with adventure, risk, and magic.
Immense Gratitude is one emotion rolling through me, and overwhelming fulfillment is another. I Love this land, in all of it's absurd chaos, filth, blessings, lack of reason, potency of spirit, and it's many beautiful people.
Thank you all for joining me along this ride, it has been a pleasure to share it with you.
In just a few days some of my last pictures will be up.
Namaste~
Mia

No comments:

Post a Comment